POSITION VACANCY: Winnipeg FIR Events Coordinator
The Winnipeg FIR is now accepting applications for the position of the Events Coordinator!
We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic and innovative individual to work on our team. A real team player, who represents Winnipeg FIR and shows our character to the world. Reporting to the FIR Chief and Deputy Chief, as well as VATCAN’s Executive Team if applicable. The position will consist of communicating with Winnipeg’s neighbouring FIRs, as well as working within the FIR, and coming up with creative ideas to promote the Winnipeg FIR.
POSITION: Winnipeg Events Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Winnipeg FIR Chief, Deputy Chief & VATCAN Executive Team (if Applicable)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Handling of the Winnipeg FIR’s events, as well as (but not limited to) the following:
– Undertaking public relations duties on behalf of the FIR by providing event news & press releases to social media and various flight simulation related entities.
– Identifying and develops events to generate traffic and to promote the FIR.
– Implementing and overseeing approved events.
– Coordinating with neighboring FIRs & ARTCCs to arrange support for events.
– Maintaining relationships with virtual airlines, coordinates support for VA hosted events operating in FIR airspace.
– Working with the FIR Staff to provide support when necessary.
– Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: The successful applicant should meet the following minimum standards:
– Be a member of good standing in VATCAN for more than one year at the time of application.
– Demonstrated ability to make and keep commitments.
– Expectation of availability to attend all scheduled meetings for the duration of the meeting and engage daily in email and voice communications with other VATCAN executive members.
– Real world credentials and experience in internet, social media, and print/radio/video production processes.
– Be able to work effectively and build relationships within a volunteer organization.
Please e-mail your application, along with a cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements, along with any background and skills that may apply, to n.power[at]vatcan.ca by 23:59z Friday, February 14th, 2020 for consideration!