Information We Collect – To help enhance the Winnipeg FIR experience, we collect data across a series of products and services all to enhance the user experience. We receive information in the following ways:
- The information you give us. When you register an account with VATSIM and transfer to the Winnipeg FIR via VATCAN or log in to the czwg.vatcan.ca website; information that is generally considered personal is given to us from you, and VATSIM/VATCAN includes but is not limited to: your name, email address and country.
- Information we get from you. Some other information is passed by your computer or electronic device, web browser, and VATSIM client. Information can include your IP address, web browser type and version, device-specific information (such as operating system, unique device identifiers and mobile network information). This information may be linked to your account.
- Log Information. Each time you act on czwg.vatcan.ca, your action is logged. Information logged can include the type of action, data being sent and received, IP address the request originated from, software used to make the request, identification cookies, and the results of the request.
- Location Information. Your location information may be associated with each request through geolocation against the originating IP address, information given to us by you or given to us by you through VATSIM.
- Analytical Information. Via Google Analytics, we may collect anonymised statistical information to include: age, gender, location, device information, web browser type and version, ISPs, mobile network provider information, etc. to identify trends and better target our platforms.
- Storage Location. Data is stored and encrypted on services owned or leased by VATCAN and The Winnipeg FIR within Canada.
How We Use Your Information – To help enhance the czwg.vatcan.ca experience, we collect information across a series of products and services all to enhance the user experience. We use the information collected to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services. The information we collect is maintained with confidentiality to the extent possible. The following information is used by czwg.vatcan.ca
- VATSIM CERT Identification Number (CID)
- Your name
- Your VATSIM achievements and ratings
- Your VATSIM associated email address
- VATCAN staff associations and VATCAN staff email addresses
The following information may be shared publicly:
- VATSIM CERT Identification Number (CID)
- Your name VATCAN staff associations and VATCAN staff email addresses
- VATCAN facility associations,
- VATSIM region and division associations VATSIM achievements and ratings
The following information is collected and may be used to protect our services, up to and including cooperation with legal requests for information from Law Enforcement agencies:
- The above listed public information,
- All IP addresses used and associated with your account
- Geolocation against aforementioned IP addresses
- Activities performed with the czwg.vatcan.ca web services
We may store identification tokens and other limited information on your electronic device through web storage or cookie usage.
Who We Share With – The information we collect may be shared, in limited capacities, with the following:
- Virtual Air Traffic Simulation Network (www.vatsim.net)
- VATCAN (www.vatcan.ca)
- Law Enforcement agencies if requested
Google Analytics For more information on what is shared with whom, please see “How We Use Information”.
Cookie Usage – We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit and use czwg.vatcan.ca service. This may include a cookie or other similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use Google Analytics to help analyse the traffic to our websites, and the information may be linked, by Google Analytics, with customers for information across multiple sites.
Our cookies are mainly used as a means of tracking virtual users across the czwg.vatcan.ca domain and subdomains. This allows us to know who is requesting and using our services, provide authentication and authorization checks to restricted areas.
You may choose to disable cookie usage via your browser, but doing so will prevent access and use across restricted areas of the website and severely degrade your experience.
Opt-Out – Given the nature of our services, it is not possible to opt-out of data collection and use our services. If you desire to have your information deleted and no longer desire to use our services, we will purge all information we have collected upon written request. Requested deletions during a suspension period will be processed after the suspension period has been fulfilled.
To deactivate and delete your information contact VATSIM at https://membership.vatsim.net/.
VATSIM, after processing your opt-out, will forward the request to VATCAN who will in turn forward to czwg.vatcan.ca for processing.
Last Updated: April 4th, 2019